top of page

Neurokiné (Público)

Público·10 miembros

Pinhead In The Church HD - Hellraiser 3

Doug Bradley: "Between the club and the church, when Joey comes to the nightclub and they have that confrontation scene with the dead audience - one of my favourite scenes across all three movies - it was very clear that Pinhead was involved, that he was doing this. In fact he had a direct confrontation with the police which Pete was doing deliberately to give Pinhead a confrontation with humanity's law, to say: this means nothing to me. And then to go into the church and be confronted with spiritual law and say: this means nothing to me, I'llwalk out the other side."So he had a confrontation with a cop who pulled a gun on Pinhead, who responded by taking the handcuffs from the cop's belt and putting the handcuff through his tongue and ripping his tongue out. He then left his New Model Army to finish the cops off. I thought this was wonderful, and when I got to North Carolina, as well as a big bunch of flowers and a whole bowl of fruit, there was a new version of the screenplay which was completely different. I felt it weakened what Pete was trying to do...in my own mind there was no extreme that was too extreme, because if you take the human side of Pinhead away, then it is extremely nasty and should be seen to be."

Pinhead in the Church HD - Hellraiser 3

Instead of a script in which the Cenobites are a supporting cast, the film unfolds as a lackluster showcase for the popular Pinhead, and the mortals that fill the space around him are flat and uninteresting. Had Pinhead been well-written, this could have been forgiven, but his extensive dialogue (compared to the first two films) amounts to one-liners in the ilk of Freddy Krueger, in the end making Pinhead less of an ominous presence and more of a farcical showman. This becomes apparent in an unnecessary church scene in which Pinhead drags out a blasphemous passion parody that feels too gratuitous to be effective.

The fascinating question the Hellraiser franchise has been cleverly refusing to answer for three movies now is: is it religious horror or not? The series has been increasingly acknowledging the Judeo-Christian paradigm of heaven and hell for some time now, but it's unclear whether it's out of convenience or not. Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth is delightfully trolling the audience in that regard. There is a great scene where Pinhead chases Joey into a church, walks up to the altar and starts mocking the crucifixion scene by puncturing his hands with his own head pins for some reason. This could be interpreted as inverted Christianity, but everything else in the scene points to a subtler, more complicated answer. The priest Joey runs to is completely impotent. Not only he doesn't have power, but he openly says he doesn't believe in demons, that they're metaphors. The logic of good and evil doesn't seem to apply here. Pinhead and screenwriter Peter Atkins are once again laughing at the human impulse of dividing everything into two categories in true cosmic horror fashion.

There are moments where it's possible to simply enjoy watching Doug Bradley have fun chewing up the scenery. At one point he follows Joey into a church, which leads to the most enjoyable moments. It's a shame their wasted in this film.

Meanwhile, in the church where Joey tries to take refuge during the big chase scene, the traditional pews have been replaced by rows of single wooden chairs. Fortunately none of them seem to be damaged by the unimaginatively-designed exploding stain glass windows as the formidable Pinhead makes his dramatic entrance. 041b061a72

Acerca de

¡Te damos la bienvenida al grupo Neurokiné! Puedes conectart...
bottom of page